FOUNDED 2001


Wednesday 4 July 2018

A&T Track Olympics - Monday 9th July


As we come to the end of the first block of summer speed-work on the track, next Monday will see the return of the A&T Track Olympics.
This is an opportunity to test your ability over traditional Olympic distance events on the track and to use as a measure of performance at the mid-point of the road/track season.

The distances we will be covering are 1500m, 800m, 400m & 200m.

To get the most out of the session I would suggest picking one that you really want to have a go at then maybe a second as a ‘B’ race, but all distances are open to everybody, some may want to pace a friend going for a 1500/800 pb as a warm-up for a big 400m pb of their own, or others may just want to have a hard training session and race all 4 distances at race-pace. The choice is yours.

This will be self-timed and no prizes or points will be at stake.

I hope to see a few new faces at track next Monday to give it a go or just give some support to those competing.

Timings are:
18:30 - Briefing
18:35 -1500m
18:45 - 800m
19:00 - 400m
19:15 - 200m

If people can let me know which distances they plan to ‘Race’ then I can look at if I need to arrange multiple races of any distances (those just using for warm-ups/pacing etc don’t worry about letting me know, just slot in).

Any questions, let me know

Dave

No comments: