FOUNDED 2001


Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Two Lads Fell Race Report - Kieran Lomas





Another good turnout at Walsh 2 lads fell race with 5 A&Ters turning out. We all met at the Bridge Inn for a scenic  5.2 miles over the south Pennines. Weather conditions were very stuffy but the rain kept off. We all met at the front of the Bridge Inn and after congratulating Tim on his Great Britain appearance Clare then pointed out the hill we would be running up and any excitement we had quickly turned to fear. We moved 50 yards down from the pub and after a quick safety talk we were off. After a mile or so of incline I believed the worst must be done but I was wrong, I looked up to see the line of runners in front weaving their way even further up the hill. I could just make out Tim’s blue vest high upon the hillside with the mountain rescue jeep close by at the top and with a sinking heart I thought I might be needing them by the time I get up there. 
Once at the top however the course levelled out for a scenic run, culminating in a quick descent to the finish line.  Fell captain Tim came in as 1st vet 40 closely followed by Simon. The ladies ended on great sprint finish with Joanne just pipping Clare to the post.
Tim Campbell 35.35
Simon ford 38.58
Kieran Lomas 50.11
Joanne Gibson 1.03.06
Clare Unsworth 1.03.06

No comments: