FOUNDED 2001


Monday, 7 December 2015

My 2015 by Alex Foster

Season overview 
  • British Champion 30-35yr
  • National silver 
  • 7 Wins
  • 15 out of 16 race podiums
  • 4 course records
  • GB Qualification for European Standard Dist Championships 2016
  • GB Qualification for World Standard Dist Championships 2016
  • GB Qualification for European Middle Dist Championships 2016

2015 and how it unraveled 
At the end of 2014 I was lucky enough to be named as a member of ChampionSystem/VCUK Race Team, I entered the 2015 season with a new array of bright yellow Fluro kit which meant going into the season with a little more added pressure of not only wanting to achieve things for myself but also for the team and sponsors.
I got off to a flyer and notched up some solid wins in what I classed as pre season races at Lancaster Duathlon and Ulverston Triathlon, both resulting in course records.
My main focus for the season was to win an elusive medal competing for Great Britain, having missed out by a matter of seconds in previous years I knew if I could turn up on race day in good shape then I could achieve my goal of a podium position. Having been in the best shape of my life and having a very successful start to my season, for some reason the European Championships race wasn’t to be and I didn’t have good enough legs on the day.
Having already hit some good highs before my big disappointment in Geneva it was important I didn’t let this affect the following races and goals for the season, I bounced back in the best way possible and was crowned British Champion in my 30-34yr age group.
From this point of the season I still had some big races remaining, the confidence I gained from achieving something above my set goal was massive and made me feel content for the season which seemed to bring even more success through to the end of the season.
If you would like to read my full season review on how I achieved or unachieved my set goals then please visit my website here -
 I’m overly happy with what I have accomplished in my 4th year of racing triathlon, here is a link to my results for the season http://www.alexfostertriathlete.co.uk/results-2015/

Thanks, Alex Foster

No comments: