FOUNDED 2001


Thursday, 2 July 2015

Forest Park ladies 5k by Bev Tickle






Typically on the hottest day of the year, I had a 5k to run.  Forest Park, Birchwood - Ladies 5k hosted by Spectrum Striders is one I've done for last 5 years and one I would recommend.  It would be nice to see other A&T girls at this one (Karen Morris where were you?!) - ideal for new runners who may feel a bit nervous about racing - this is a friendly event, well organised and marshalled, great atmosphere, generally flat on mainly trail paths through Forest Park, you get flowers at the end and above all, no boys allowed!! 

My time of 27 mins was a little off my recent pace but still a course PB and given the draining heat yesterday, I was happy enough with that.

A big thank you too for Clare Unsworth for stopping off on her bike ride to cheer me on at the end - it was great to see her there x

No comments: