FOUNDED 2001


Sunday, 7 June 2015

Hendersons End - Race Report

Last Thursday saw 7 of the finest athletes A&T has do battle on the hills of Rivington.

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

65060F61-F060-498E-A6FC-B1590FBEFD1A


Starring - SIMON FORD, TIM CAMPBELL, MALC COLLINS, TONY FOSTER, LOUISE SIMPSON, CHRIS BENNET, LINDA WHITTAKER.

First of all, what a bargain, 4 quid yes 4 quid! And you got a free innovate buff! Plus fantastic views and a great friendly atmosphere.

On to the race - the fine weather brought good running conditions, not to hot, dry moorland with enough give in it to make for fast running. As usual Tim was first home in a quicker time than last year even with blistered feet slowing him down. I was next in and was pleased with my run considering the abuse I have given my body recently. Now my memory is letting me down and I can't seem to find the official results yet but I think Malc was next in, a rare outing on the fells. Wow Malc doing a race that is shorter than 26.2 miles that's a collectors item! Tony was back on his favourite terrain and loving it with a good run. Linda had an excellent run I was convinced she was in the prizes again but must have just missed out. Chris and Louise brought up the rear with Chris announcing that they had stop for nookey, was the race not hard enough!
Everyone ran so well I treated them to a picnic, minus the prosecco.

28239C98-A62E-42D2-88B6-C92A6E0D92E5


BD71BDA5-9CC5-425D-954C-5F86B76B29BC


Happy days
See you on the fells
Simon


Simon Ford
Foxcroft Landscapes

No comments: