Just wanted to keep members and potential new members reading this article all informed as to what's happening with the membership at A+T.
We have had eight new members join us in the last few months
A warm A+T welcome to all of you.
We have 4-6 others who have trained with us and also look to be joining the club.
We currently have 53 ladies and 68 men training or taking part in races.
If anyone has friends that are thinking of joining a running club either just to keep fit or take part in the many races we do, there's no reason not to join us and don't forget, its only £20 if they join now which will last them to the start of next year.
Benefits to be had by being a member of A+T are as follows.
* Discount on races between £2 and £3 per race
* Free once a week structured track sessions at Leigh sports village. Tough sessions but they bring your speed work along and it's a great team atmosphere. Mon 6.30pm
* Up to 6 days a week you can train with fellow members which may include Saturday/Sunday mornings depending on the racing calender.
* Being part of one of the friendliest and non elitist running clubs in the Northwest
*Fell, Cross Country, Relays, Road Races, Triathlons, Duathlons, swimming training sessions We do them all and have won many trophies in all of them.
Here are a few of them done recently....
Alex Foster completed in the Bolton Iron Man event in Bolton . We had Malcolm "marathon mon" Collins compete 10 marathons in 10 days! We had Mark Ruscoe compete in a 100 mile fell race,also Lyndsey Carter and Marcus Taylor completed in the 50 mile fell race in the lake district.
* Not only a running club, we have a fantastic social section with events taking place throughout the year including free events like the Halloween spooktacular and the annual Christmas party/presentation which include a disco,late bar etc.
* Once you join,there are 120 new faces you can ask for advice,train with or socialise with.
* Our web site,run by Terry Gardiner and blog section, brilliantly managed daily by Gary Stevens is regularly updated and along with Facebook and e-mails,it's very easy to make new friends at Astley and Tyldesley RR.
We have a monthly newsletter produced by Clare Unsworth and Andrew Coates which is e-mailed out to every member keeping you all informed of up to date events,so every member is kept fully up to date of whats going on at the club. Easy to print out, its handy to see in hard copy the latest news.
Anniversary picture on sale
Recently we had a 10 year A+T anniversary celebration picture taken by Steve Bateson with 41 members. These are £2.95 for a quality print with your team colleagues,Good to look back in the future.Let me know if you would like one.
You can also e-mail Suzanne Gregory on email@example.com or me regarding club kit,vests,tee shirts,jackets.
See Clare for the A+t Tri team hoodies... a new line
You can e-mail Clare on firstname.lastname@example.org or myself email@example.com. with any new profiles or pictures
Remember to e-mail Terry on firstname.lastname@example.org or me with your new pb's. We only know what they are if you tell us.
We have not added too many pictures to our picture section recently so again, if you have any from any race or even a holiday snap wearing the A+T colours please send them to Terry or myself The picture section on the web site is only as good as the pictures members send in so don't be shy,send some in.
We are low on stock of the club vests but we need a minimum order so if anyone needs a vest please let us know. They are currently taking up to four weeks to come in.
Gin pit welfare membership cards
To enable you to go into the welfare club and earn discounts of your drinks. If you haven't already got yours,let me know
EA Cards... (English Athletics)
Sometimes, your EA number is required when entering a race, if you do not have your card or even your EA number,let me know.
Whatever the reason you want to join us I am 100% confident you will not regret it. just ask the others at the club Come and try us for a few weeks,talk to other members,e-mail me or any other committee member if you need any questions answered.
Anyone reading this and you feel you want to be part of a fantastic running club with a thriving social section just drop me a line or pick up the phone. You can even text me and I will get back straight away.